[GRASS-user] Fw: another v.in.ogr question

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Mon Jun 12 04:24:41 EDT 2006

Hello Kirk,

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 13:32:15 -0500 "Kirk R. Wythers" <kwythers at umn.edu>
wrote:

> Is it possible to read multiple tables from postgis (postgresql)
> into grass with v.in.ogr? I seem to be able to only read in the table
> that contains the geometry data. I tried creating a postgresql view
> that contains all the columns (from multiple tables) that I need,
> however, v.in.ogr does not seem to see the view.

Did you make sure that the view is also included in the
table geometry_columns?! Try using the addgeometrycolumn() from within
postgis.

AFAIK this is needed for OGR to work with views as well.

Best regards.

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508