[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1108] Re: tin to raster dem

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Fri Jun 16 09:33:03 EDT 2006

Hi Laurent, thanks for your answer....
I know that v.surf.* is able to interpolate points and contours...
but don't have this kind of data and I don't mind to interpolate points
because I would like to obtain perfect planes in correspondace of the
triangles!!! interpolating will obviously create some little difference
between the elevation of the dem and of the original triangle surface...
the boundaries that I have are 3d boundaries, they start from an
elevation and finish to another...
if you can imagine a 3d triangle you can also imagine a raster dem the
cells of which has the same elevation of the plane in each point!!!

I have tried to interpolate the tree points of a 3d triangle...
using v.surf.rst and smoothing=0 and tension=1  (for creating a perfect
plane) but the results is not so fine (please see the small attached
file, I apologize for this image with the users of the mailing list)

I know I can use r.plane for creating a single plane but I should know
the azimut and deep of the plane... is there a way to obtain this
information for a 3d triangle??? (not in a manual way obviously)

any idea????
thanks

Ivan

--