[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1121] GIS-> GRASS translation page up and running

Jonathan Greenberg jgreenberg at arc.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 19 19:06:21 EDT 2006

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GIS_to_GRASS_command_translation

I decided to make the page a bit more open to other GIS packages, so if you
use something besides ESRI this is the place to put your info as well --
note that I have two levels of the Discussion on wiki, the software and the
command.  If you edit this please put the GIS command (and within-page link)
and the basic GRASS command in the quick reference table, but in the
discussion copy the table from the LATTICESPOT to put the full GIS command
(with all of the input/output variables) and the full grass command (or
commands in a numbered list if you need > 1 grass command to replicate the
other software's feature) with all of the grass inputs/outputs (using the
same variable names, when possible).  You should include a "Discrepancies"
section (bulleted) if there are any differences between the GIS software
command and GRASS's.

Note that for ARC-INFO commands I'm using ESRI's variable syntax copied
directly from the ARC/INFO help manual.  It would be useful to keep up this
practice for all other ARC-INFO commands.

Any initial suggestions please let me know and I'll modify the formatting
appropriately!  Do you think the quick-reference table needs any more
columns, e.g. Some indication whether the external GIS command can be
replicated "perfectly" by GRASS or if there are major differences between
the two?

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD