[GRASS-user] Can't create location

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Wed Jun 28 10:48:52 EDT 2006

Hello Frank,

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:05:51 +0200 Frank Broniewski <frank at frabron.de>
wrote:

> Hello List
>
> I am a new grass gis user. I use grass 6.0.2-2.1 on a debian 3.1 OS.
> As stated in the headline, I can't create any locations as normal
> user, this works only when I am logged in as root. I suppose, there
> is some kind of permission problem, but since I don't get any error
> messages, I don't know where to start solving the problem. Any help
> or advice is appreciated.
>
> Btw., I installed grass from the debiangis repository.

Make sure that you path where you like to create the location is
writable by a 'normal' user. This should work if you do that in your
$HOME-dir.

If that is not the case, please report back.

Best
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508