[GRASSLIST:10657] Re: [GRASS5] Re: Transparency added

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 12:25:21 EST 2006

I second Hamish that there should be GUI free monitors like XDRIVER.
Otherwise, the only way to work with the new display architecture is through
GUI, which means we cannot control display from the command line.  For example,
with ArcGIS, we have only GUI, but with ArcInfo (AML version), we have both CLI
(command line interface) and GUI.  One problem with GUI is scriptability.
Personally, I use the mouse for tasks that I cannot do easily only with the
keyboard.  For this reason, I prefer to use d.m with the command line, but it
looks like I cannot do this with gis.m (?).

Huidae Cho