[GRASSLIST:10660] Re: [GRASS5] Re: Transparency added

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Mar 1 12:41:16 EST 2006

Actually, the direction that Glynn is heading seems to be toward making
GRASS more scriptable than it is now.

For example, if all d.* commmands output to a png file, without needing to
run a visualization driver like d.mon, with your choice of resolution and
size, and with a compositer like g.pnmcomp, you can write a script that
creates a complex, multilayered GIS file and outputs it to a high resolution
PNG.

For interactive CLI work, without any GUI, you could do the same thing and
view the PNG in GIMP--updating the viewed image whenever you make a change.
This seems much more flexible than being forced to only view graphic output
in an xdisplay.

Michael

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402