[GRASSLIST:10670] Re: r3.out.v5d

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Mar 1 17:34:17 EST 2006

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 09:19:34AM +0100, Maciek Sieczka wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:48:15 -0300 (BRST)
> andrea.iescheck at ufpr.br wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I exported my grid3d data to vis5d but an error is reported when I
> > try to import the generated v5d file in vis5d.
> > It seems that the command r3.out.v5d is interrupted before the end,
> > but the v5d file is created!
>
> Post exact command syntax and output, including error. I'm not saying I
> will be able to help you but in order for anyone to be able to you must
> be specific.
>
> > I´ve installed grass 6.0.0 GNU.

It's worth looking at the new r3.out.vtk [1] along with
paraview. This is way better than vis5d.

Thanks to Sören, with r3.out.vtk you can now export a volume,
define top and bottom of the volume by a 2D raster map (e.g.,
a DEM and a depths map) and drape another 2D raster map
(aerial image) over it with colors (the latter I didn't figure
out yet, but also r.out.vtk does it).

Markus

[1] current GRASS 6.1-CVS