[GRASSLIST:10740] GRASS topographic position functionality beyond r.param.scale?

Graham Watt-Gremm sunyata at uvic.ca
Sat Mar 4 23:14:44 EST 2006

Hi Ian (and/or GRASS user list),
Did you ever get a response to this query, or develop something
yourself? I would like to get at the (unidentified Arc/Info) slope
position algorithm used by Wimberly and Spies (2001, Ecology 82(5):
1443-1459), where topographic position grades from 0 at valley bottom
to 100 at ridge top. I am thinking along the lines of using some of
the output from r.flow (flowline segments in each cell a function of
transformed distance from valley bottom), though I have no experience
with this module. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers and thanks,

Graham Watt-Gremm
Rocky Mountain Repeat Photography Project
School of Environmental Studies
University of Victoria
sunyata at uvic dot ca

[GRASSLIST:1410] GRASS topographic position functionality beyond
r.param.scale?

Ian Allan iallan at geocode.com.au
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:29:41 +1000