[GRASSLIST:10779] Re: [GRASS5] FWD: [OSGeo-Discuss] Incubation Committee / Contributor Agreements]

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Mar 6 17:04:36 EST 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:

> a new FAQ has been written which explains things related
> to the proposed Contributor Agreements:
>
>  http://www.fossgis.de/osgeo/index.php/Contributor_Agreement

OK. That clarifies that the right to relicense code is intentional,
not an oversight.

Personally, I don't intend to sign the proposed CLA.

It would be useful to state now whether you intend to stop accepting
future contributions which are licensed under the GPL, and if so,
when. If you are, there probably isn't much point in me planning
signficant future changes (e.g. the display/GUI stuff).

Minor changes (bugfixes) aren't problem. The FSF considers patches of
a few lines to fall below the threshold of what constitues an
"original work", and thus not subject to copyright or licensing
issues.