[GRASSLIST:10781] Re: [GRASS5] FWD: [OSGeo-Discuss] Incubation Committee / Contributor Agreements]

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Mar 6 17:10:05 EST 2006

Glynn,

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 10:04:36PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > a new FAQ has been written which explains things related
> > to the proposed Contributor Agreements:
> >
> >  http://www.fossgis.de/osgeo/index.php/Contributor_Agreement
>
> OK. That clarifies that the right to relicense code is intentional,
> not an oversight.
>
> Personally, I don't intend to sign the proposed CLA.
>
> It would be useful to state now whether you intend to stop accepting
> future contributions which are licensed under the GPL, and if so,
> when. If you are, there probably isn't much point in me planning
> signficant future changes (e.g. the display/GUI stuff).

Please note that
- it is a *proposed* CLA
- that the conditions for GRASS may be different due to the history
  of the project (I don't know)
- that *I* didn't say that I would sign the proposed CLA

So far I just forwarded discussions between lists.

Personally I am not interested to shrink the GRASS Development
Team.

> Minor changes (bugfixes) aren't problem. The FSF considers patches of
> a few lines to fall below the threshold of what constitues an
> "original work", and thus not subject to copyright or licensing
> issues.
>
> --

As the thread subject suggests - it's in discussion.

Markus