[GRASSLIST:10799] Re: awk not found on Mac osx, Repost

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Mar 7 18:57:09 EST 2006

I just noticed a potential source of the problem:

On Mar 7, 2006, at 5:43 PM, Dave Kent wrote:

>> When I try to add a database column I get:
>>
>> v.db.addcol map=CondieHead layer=1 'columns=Elev varchar(10)'
>> csh: /sw/bin/init.csh: No such file or directory.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

/sw/* = Fink.  Even tho it's not in your PATH in GRASS, something is
looking for some software from Fink.  From v.db.addcol, the test for
awk is:

which awk

maybe it is 'which' that is failing to even run, not failing to find
awk.  Try 'which awk' from a new Terminal window.

Also, what is the PATH outside of GRASS?

>> : awk required, please install awk/gawk first

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy