[GRASSLIST:10861] Re: issues with grass-6.1.cvs-i686-pc-linux-gnu-01_03_2006: nviz does not work

Vishal Mehta vishalm1975 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 01:20:07 EST 2006

> Hi all,

I upgraded from Hoary to Breezy, then installed grass 6.0.1 which is in the
repositoryy, so is qgis 0.6.
results:
1. Grass is working fine with NVIZ also working fine;
2. QGIS does not recognize GRASS rasters probably because of what you all
wrote that it depends on ligdal1-grass, because on upgrading, libgdal1 got
replaced by libgdal2;

so, i guess i'll try going the gdal compile; gdal-grass compile way that you
suggest  here.

A related issue: i'm trying to bring in netcdf format files with he help of
gdal_translate and  r.in.gdal.
I get an error as follows:
 GRASS 6.0.1 (test2):~ > r.in.gdal -oe
input=/home/vishal/NCEPdata/lhtfl.sfc.gauss.2004.nc output=lhfttrial[1]+
Done                    d.m
Segmentation fault

Also, i'm not sure if the GDAL version i have supports netcdf:
This is the GDAL i have, satraight from the Breezy repository:
GDAL 1.2.6.0, released 2005/03/13

So i'm wondering that to have both the grass-qgis plugin, and netcdf
support, i need to compile gdal with both??

thanks much!
cheers,
vishal