[GRASSLIST:16] Re: SRTM data transformation

Wolfgang Zillig wollez at gmx.net
Sat Mar 11 16:40:38 EST 2006

Hello Maciek,

thanks for your explanation! I don't need need an increased x/y accuracy
but I was curious about the difference in altitude because I'm
displaying also additional data which is based on this Austrian grid.
But as the results show I can ignore (at least for the moment) this
shift. If needed I can adapt my other data that it "lays on the surface"
again. With the coarse grid of the SRTM data set it is probably not
worth to think about it (especially in mountain area). The result is
already quite impressive even if some details are  under expressed.

Thanks for all your help!

Wolfgang