[GRASSLIST:86] Re: jumping moving window analysis

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 08:43:49 EST 2006

That's the kind of thing you could do with s.cellsats, back in
grass54. unfortunately, it has not been ported to grass6 yet...

Carlos

On 3/14/06, Martin Wegmann <wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am stuck with a solution how to compute a kind of jumping moving window.
>
> We have a 1 Km DEM (gtopo30) and a 90 m DEM (SRTM) and would like to know how
> high the diversity of the srtm90 inside a gtopo30 pixel is. This could be
> achieved by a jumping moving window which is aligned to the gtopo30 but
> computes the diversity on the srtm90. The output would be a diversity map
> based on srtm90 but with a resolution of the gtopo30.
>
> r.le has an option called systematic continuous but writes the output into a
> file rather than creating a new map.
>
> r.neighbors is not a solution because it computes the diversity for each pixel
> continuous and not un-continuous like we wish.
>
> any solutions or ideas are welcome, regards, Martin
>

> --
> Martin Wegmann
>
> DLR - German Aerospace Center
> German Remote Sensing Data Center
> @
> Dept.of Geography
> Remote Sensing and Biodiversity Unit
> &&
> Dept. of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
> University of Wuerzburg
> Am Hubland
> 97074 Würzburg
>
> phone: +49-(0)931 - 888 4797
> mobile: +49-(0)175 2091725
> fax:   +49-(0)931 - 888 4961
> http://www.biota-africa.org
> http://www.biogis.de

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke