[GRASSLIST:92] Re: jumping moving window analysis

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Mar 14 12:50:21 EST 2006

hello,

that sounds like the tool I was looking for.

However I have no C skills therefore I either have to wait or look for a
work-around.

I thought about converting the gtopo30 to vector, extracting the centroid and
moving it back to raster and using r.stats for querying the two DEMs. However
r.to.vect fails in creating grids regardless of the actual value. Currently
grid cells are grouped together, what usually makes sense.
Now I am playing around with v.mkgrid, this might be another option for the
first step.

Further ideas are welcome, thanks so far for the replies, Martin