[GRASSLIST:119] Connecting to remote MySQL server

Rainer M Krug rkrug at sun.ac.za
Wed Mar 15 02:10:09 EST 2006

Hi

I compiled GRASS 6.1 with MySQL support, and I have the option to
connect to a MySQL database. But it seems that I can only connect to a
locam MySQL database, as in the db.connect, I didn't find any parameter
for host name which I could specify.

Can I connect to a remote MySQL database (I guess I can...) and if yes,
how; where can I specify the host name of the MySQL server?

Thanks,

Rainer

Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation Biology (UCT)

Department of Conservation Ecology
University of Stellenbosch
Matieland 7602
South Africa