[GRASSLIST:121] Re: Connecting to remote MySQL server

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Wed Mar 15 03:11:38 EST 2006

Hello Rainer,

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:10:09 +0200 Rainer M Krug <rkrug at sun.ac.za>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I compiled GRASS 6.1 with MySQL support, and I have the option to
> connect to a MySQL database. But it seems that I can only connect to
> a locam MySQL database, as in the db.connect, I didn't find any
> parameter for host name which I could specify.
>
> Can I connect to a remote MySQL database (I guess I can...) and if
> yes, how; where can I specify the host name of the MySQL server?

At least for Postgres is an example stated in the manual-page :
see
	g.manual db.connect

db.connect driver=pg
database="host=myserver.itc.it,dbname=mydb,port=6666"
db.login user=myname pass=secret db.
connect -p
db.tables -p

You might check this out with mysql. (I cannot, since I do not have
mysql running here).

Hope this helps.

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508