[GRASSLIST:148] Re: Problems with installation

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 01:33:51 EST 2006

> I'm trying to install GRASS on an AMD64 machine running Fedore Core 4.
> I have downloaded the Fedore Core 4 files. I have installed many of
> the rpm's, but I cannot get gdal to install. It's unable to locate
> the libsqlite3.so.0 library. When I go to install it, it tells me
> it's installed already. So, if SQLlite is already installed, what's
> going wrong? Any ideas on how to fix this? GDAL is the part I really
> need to use.

funny, it should be installed with sqlite:
 http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/4/i386/sqlite-3.1.2-3.i386.html

rpm -q sqlite
?

Sqlite 3 may be installed, but it doesn't necessarily contain a file
called libsqlite3.so.0.

try

ls -l /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so*

and see what shows up. If something close is there, you might just need
to make a symlink to it with the desired name.

e.g.

cd /usr/local/lib
ln -s /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so libsqlite3.so.0

  or

ln -s /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6 libsqlite3.so.0

make sure /usr/local/lib is listed in /etc/ld.so.conf so it can find
your new link. If not, add it and run ldconfig (as root) to refresh the
installed library list.

Hamish