[GRASSLIST:218] How can I reduce raster file sizes?

Michael Rensing michael.rensing at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 17 12:45:22 EST 2006

I would like to be able to take a raster and reduce it's size for faster
resampling I could reduce the resolution and hence the number of pixels,
but the file I created is exactly the same size as the original. Can
anyone confirm that resampling is the way to reduce the raster size? If
so, can you tell me how to do it? If not, is there a way to accomplish
what I want?

Regards,
Michael