[GRASSLIST:303] Re: Fwd: Developing a forest fragmentation index

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Wed Mar 22 02:21:23 EST 2006

Martin Wegmann wrote:

> currently r.li, a full rewrite of r.le, is under development. Indices are
> currently implemented and hopefully soon r.li will enter cvs.
> Please see previous announcement
> http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2006-January/020875.html.
>
> If you are interested to contribute by providing code/algorithms or do some
> testing etc. you are welcome.
>
> regards, Martin

Thanks. My mistake that I didn't know about that, reason might be wrong
name of the list GRASS5.
I'm using only versions 6.x at the moment and was thinking it relates
only to versions 5.0. I used whole
night reading archives. Thanks again.
I shall check or start testing in few days as the idea and
implementation looks promising from the first sight.

See also a later message from Paolo Cavallini, [GRASSLIST:280] r.li
(landscape indices)
They have also some interesting articles under www.faunalia.com (few
even in english ;-) )

Best regards,