[GRASSLIST:319] Re: Grass installation help

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 18:16:06 EST 2006

> As I am stuck in the middle I am thinking to start from the scratch
> including FC3 installation .So please advice me which are the packages
> required for GRASS from FC3.
>   Also I would like to know which binaries to download for FC3 from
>   grass website. When I clicked on binaries for Fedora core 3 the
>   following page appears - (Index of /rpm/apt/fedora/3/RPMS.mh) so
>   know what to download from this??????????

Start with
grass-6.0.0-mh3.i686.rpm
gdal-1.2.6-mh2.i686.rpm
proj-4.4.9-mh4.i686.rpm

If those complain about missing dependancies, start installing ogdi,
netcdf, etc packages as needed.

>  Should i install source code also?

Generally not needed unless you want to do development work or use the
latest CVS. If you want to try, here's a config line which might work.

(you'll need to install a lot of -dev packages though)

Redhat 9:
CFLAGS="-g -Wall" ./configure \
    --with-motif --with-motif-includes=/usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif1.2/include \
    --with-motif-libs=/usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif1.2/lib \
    --with-glw --with-cxx \
    --with-freetype --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2 \
    --without-postgres \
    2>&1 | tee config_log.txt

Hamish