[GRASSLIST:371] Re: Import jpg with r.in.gdal size problem

Jonathan Greenberg jgreenberg at arc.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 24 14:36:21 EST 2006

Silvia:

	As a rule, JPEGs are a very bad idea for remotely sensed imagery,
since they are lossy.  Unfortunately, you are going to run into similar
problems with other programs, which will also convert the jpgs into a
lossless format (e.g. arc, imagine, envi).  15gb is a pretty small hard
drive these days -- I just found a 250gb internal HD for $60 (with a rebate,
I'm assuming).  Get more storage!

--j

--

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD