[GRASSLIST:387] Re: Import jpg with r.in.gdal size problem

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Sun Mar 26 06:41:19 EST 2006

the main difference between grass and other simpler gis regards the use
of raster data...
in grass you need to import the data (which are converted into grass
data format) because grass thinks that you need to work with these data
to perform image analisys, filtering, etc...
using other gis (for example Qgis) you simply load the data for
visualization and so you don't need to import them... and you can load
them in the jpeg, tiff, or other format.... saving disk space...
so, at the end, the problem is: what are you going to do with these
data????   :-)

cheers
Ivan

--