[GRASSLIST:424] OGR-generated shapefiles show spikes and outliers in ArcView

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Mar 27 10:33:18 EST 2006

I had to generate some coastline shapefiles for a colleague who's using
Arc9. The shapefile is showing all kinds of weird spikes and horizontal
lines that look like corrupted data, but of course the vectors look fine in
Grass. Has anyone had any issues with shapefiles, specifically linework,
from Grass? The only thing I can think of is that the cat values in the
vector are non-sequential in some parts (i.e., they skip a few numbers here
and there because of edits). I'm really at a loss.

~ Eric.