[GRASSLIST:465] Re: GRASS WIKI thoughts and comments

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 22:25:47 EST 2006

> Also, there was no answer on the problem of CVS access behind DHCP
> connections.

just to clarify, the problem isn't DHCP, the problem is the dynamic IP
address. My univeristy computer uses DHCP to fetch its static IP
address e.g.

> So it is impossible right now to work on the HTML documentation (I
> cannot do this at work of course).

You could prepare the files, create patches* and post them to the bug
tracker, somewhere new in the wiki (as an attachment), to grass5, or to
some volunteer who can commit them. Inefficient and a pain, but not
impossible.

[*] with "cvs diff description.html > r.proj_man.diff"
then apply in module dir with "patch -p0 < r.proj_man.diff"

Hamish