[GRASSLIST:982] new scripts for testing...

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Tue May 2 18:03:25 EDT 2006

I posted a couple of new scripts to the GRASS Wiki AddOns sections
that might be useful for others:

r.eucdist: calculates the (approximate) Euclidean distance from known
values in a raster.

r.smoothpatch (depends on r.eucdist): Makes a composite raster from
two input layers using a distance-weighted smoothing across the
transition between the two data sets. I use this for merging two DEMs
from different origins/resolutions so that the final merged DEM has a
smooth transition across the edge.

Please send me any comments or suggestions for improvement. I use
these a lot in my work and would love to make them faster and more
flexible.

The url is:

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/GrassAddOns#General_add_ons

--