[GRASSLIST:1020] Problem importing MODIS tile

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat May 6 02:37:11 EDT 2006

I¹ve been trying to import a MODIS tile into GRASS, using r.in.gdal, without
success. The MODIS tile is a geotif from the Global Land Cover Facility. The
geotif looks OK as a graphic. I¹ve got a latlon location I tried to import
into. Then I tried to let GDAL create a location. The problem is that
nothing happens‹no error, not even minimal progress. Looking at my processes
monitor, I can¹t even see that gdal is running. The file is big of course
(ca. 950Mb), but I didn¹t think it would completely fail to even start
importing.

Any thoughts?

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity