[GRASS-user] How to unsubscribe from old mailing list?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu May 11 12:15:14 EDT 2006

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 05:50:20PM +0200, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:
> Maybe you can clarify some questions...
>
> If I unsuscribe from the baylor GRASSLIST will I be able to see messages
> posted to it? I mean, will I lost all the post of the users that are in
> late with changing?

No, because I have subscribed the old list as "user" in the new
list (some years ago). This is how the archive was created.
Nothing should get lost.

> What is the procedure you suggest to do? Just unuscribe from old
> maillist and subscribe to the new one?

Nearly:
- I have already subscribed all users to the new list (you posted
  in this moment to the new list which only subscribers can do)
    -> nothing to do
- you have to unsubscribe yourself from the old list, because I
  don't have permissions to do so.
    -> to do for you

The transition should be really smooth. All emails arrive, and you
were already subscribed to the new list by me. The only thing which
*you* have to do is to unsubscribe from the old list (and use the
new address <grassuser at grass.itc.it> apparently). Mails which are
still sent to the old address will be distributed through the
new list as well so that you will receive also those.

Hope this clarifies it,

 Markus