[GRASS-user] wish and other errors on start up

Luis E Menoyo lemenoyo at usgs.gov
Thu May 11 17:52:44 EDT 2006

I compiled GRASS 6.1 CVS for pdaXrom (http://www.pdaxrom.org/) for a
Zaurus PDA, and am getting the following error:

Hit RETURN to continue

Starting GRAS ...

WARNING: The wish command does not work as expected!
Please check your GRASS_WISH environment variable.
Use -help option for details.
Switching to text based interface mode.

Hit RETURN to continue.

/usr/lib/grass/set_data: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3' not found
(required by /usr/lib/grass/lib/libgrass_gis.so)

Any ideas how I should go about this?

I'm trying to simplify the process of getting GRASS running on a Zaurus
PDA.  pdaXrom is a Linux/X-windows based environment for the Sharp Zaurus
pdas.
(http://wiki.debian.org/?GrassGISonZaurus)

Before the compiling I istalled dependencies as stated in the source's
INSTALL text file.

Thanks!

Luis E. Menoyo
U.S. Geological Survey