[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASSLIST:1065] Re: v.clean doesn't create dbf

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Fri May 12 07:33:48 EDT 2006

This is the output of v.info:

v.info map=int2 layer=1

 | Layer:    int2                           Organization:                     |
 | Mapset:   guano                          Source Date:                      |
 | Location: isobases                       Name of creator:                  |
 | Database: /home/guano/grassdata                                            |
 | Title:                                                                     |
 | Map Scale:  1:1                                                            |
 | Map format: native                                                         |
 |   Type of Map:  Vector (level: 2)                                          |
 |   Number of points:       45              Number of areas:      0          |
 |   Number of lines:        0               Number of islands:    0          |
 |   Number of boundaries:   0               Number of faces:      0          |
 |   Number of centroids:    0               Number of kernels:    0          |
 |   Map is 3D:              0                                                |
 |   Number of dblinks:      1                                                |
 |   Projection: Unknown projection (zone 0)                                  |
 |            N: 2402.286      S: 167.630                                     |
 |            E: 2298.094      W: 40.459                                      |
 |            B: 0.000         T: 0.000                                       |
 |   Digitize threshold: 0.00000                                              |
 |   Comments:                                                                |

v.info map=int2 layer=1 -c

Displaying column types/names for database connection of layer 1:
INTEGER|cat
DOUBLE PRECISION|alt
INTEGER|alt2

trying RST...

v.surf.rst input=int2 layer=2 dmax=25.000000 dmin=5.000000
elev=dem_int2 zmult=1.0 tension=40. smooth=0.1 segmax=40 npmin=300

GRASS_INFO_WARNING(5379,1): strip exists with insufficient data

ERROR2: zero points in the given region!

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(5379,2): Input failed

Now the most weird.. if I set the zcolumn=1 (cat), it works.

Carlos

On 5/11/06, Maciek Sieczka <werchowyna at epf.pl> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 May 2006 11:18:44 -0300
> "Carlos \"Guâno\" Grohmann" <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Maciek and Hamish, I managed to create the table and populate
> > with cats after some help reading, after I send the mesg yesterday.
>
> Hi Carlos,
>
> what is your v.surf.rst syntax?
>
> are you sure you set the zcolumn and layer correctly?
>
> what do those say:
>
> v.info your_vector
> v.info -c your_vector layer= (each layer you've got in your_vector)
>
> Maciek
>
> --------------------
> W polskim Internecie są setki milionów stron. My przekazujemy Tobie tylko najlepsze z nich!
> http://katalog.panoramainternetu.pl/

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke