[GRASS-user] 'GLIBC_2.3' not found - was: "wish and other errors on start up"

Luis E Menoyo lemenoyo at usgs.gov
Fri May 12 15:07:35 EDT 2006

>Is Tcl/Tk installed? Does "wish" work from the command line?
 (needed for the optional GUI menus, not for plain old x-monitors)

The wish command is wish8.4 on my setup.  Made a wish -> wish8.4. That
took care of that problem.

>> /usr/lib/grass/set_data: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3' not found
>> (required by /usr/lib/grass/lib/libgrass_gis.so)

>ouch.

This is were Grass61 is hanging right now.  I do have /lib/libc.so.6 on
the system.  Any ideas how to go about solving this problem?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Luis E. Menoyo
U.S. Geological Survey
677 Ala Moana Blvd., Suite 415
Honolulu, HI  96813
lemenoyo at usgs.gov
808-587-2428

Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>
05/11/06 07:16 PM

Luis E Menoyo <lemenoyo at usgs.gov>
cc
grassuser at grass.itc.it
Subject
Re: [GRASS-user] wish and other errors on start up

> Hit RETURN to continue
>
> Starting GRAS ...

Did you start with "grass61 -text" ?

It's trying to start the GUI version.

> WARNING: The wish command does not work as expected!
> Please check your GRASS_WISH environment variable.
> Use -help option for details.
> Switching to text based interface mode.
>
> Hit RETURN to continue.

Is Tcl/Tk installed? Does "wish" work from the command line?
 (needed for the optional GUI menus, not for plain old x-monitors)

> /usr/lib/grass/set_data: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3' not found
> (required by /usr/lib/grass/lib/libgrass_gis.so)

ouch.

Hamish