[GRASS-user] Trento3D screenshots redone

Jeroen Wortel j.wortel at wanadoo.nl
Fri May 19 14:46:01 EDT 2006

Hi Markus,

Is the r.lake routine available?
We are doing some (simple) river inundation analysis as well;

we create a raster map of our vector river model with value 1,
multiply this by the desired water (flood) height, add this to our
DEM and use r.mapcalc to extract all cells lower or equal to the
flood level. Then we convert this to a vector file, and extract the
polygon containing the main stream and the connected flooded areas
(which is one class as created by r.mapcalc).

This works quite ok, but tends to be slow when there are lots of
islands (eg buildings) in the inundated area.

How does r.lake work? I couldn't find anything in the docs.

Thanks,

-Jeroen.