[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] GUI platforms

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Tue May 23 15:34:36 EDT 2006

On 5/23/06, Stefan Paulick <stefan.paulick at urbeli.com> wrote:
> keep calm & serene ;-)

On 5/23/06, Stefan Paulick <stefan.paulick at urbeli.com> wrote:
> keep calm & serene ;-)

My writing style always sounds angry or panicky. I am neither.

The real irony of this conversation is that for the past few months I
have been brushing up on my C skills so that I could write a proper
SWIG interface between Python and the GRASS API without embarrassing
myself with the hard-core C developers.

I totally "get" Python and maybe a Python "shell" would turn out very
well for GRASS. There has just been a lot of talk of preserving the
"command line" without clearly stating what that means. For some it
means preserving Unix. For others it means providing something
entirely new.

David

--
David Finlayson