[GRASS-user] System architecture for running GRASS

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 03:52:03 EDT 2006

> I frequently connect to our Linux machines from my windows laptop and
> run GRASS over an ssh tunnel. Works great. On a fast connection there
> is little difference between running it native or tunneling the
> display. This is a perfect use of Cygwin on windows.

You can tunnel X windows from a Linux machine into a Cygwin
environment???? and it is usable???

I've tunnelled X from a SunWorkstation -> Linux before, but never tried
from cygwin (or from Mac+X11 for that matter).

With the mouse->100% CPU bugs fixed recently by Radim, application
server based use is again working well.

Hamish