[GRASS-user] Errors starting gis.m; latest GRASS 6.1 weekly build from cvs; i.e 05_20 and 05_27!

Lars Forseth l-forset at online.no
Wed May 31 18:05:27 EDT 2006

Hi!

I'm trying to update to the latest GRASS 6.1 cvs; i.e 05_27. It compiles
without a hitch; no errors. After running make install; and then as my self
running grass61 I get an error. I.e the gismanager starts; gives me the
dialog where you choose location etc; but it then failes with the errors
copied in below.

My system is an AMD 64 bit system running suse 9.3. Up to 04_22 the compiling
of the 6.1 cvs version has gone mostly well. Now the two latest versions has
failed with the errors below.

I have little experience with tcltk; so I ask here; whats the error?

Regards
larsf

Error when running grass61:
"Welcome to GRASS 6.1.cvs (2006)
GRASS homepage:                          http://grass.itc.it/
This version running thru:               Bash Shell (/bin/bash)
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
If required, restart the graphical user interface with: gis.m &
When ready to quit enter:                exit
GRASS 6.1.cvs (Vestfold):~ > Error in startup script: unmatched open brace in
list
    while executing
"llength $entry"
    (procedure "_create_entries" line 7)
    invoked from within
"_create_entries $path $menu $bg $entries"
    (procedure "_create_menubar" line 34)
    invoked from within
"_create_menubar $path $menu"
    (procedure "MainFrame::create" line 63)
    invoked from within
"MainFrame::create .mainframe -menu {&File all file 1 {

        {cascad {Workspace} {} "" 1 {
                {command {Open...} {} "Open gis.m workspace file" {} -acc..."
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval MainFrame::create $path $args"
    (procedure "MainFrame" line 1)
    invoked from within
"MainFrame .mainframe  -menu $descmenu  -textvariable Gm::status  -progressvar
Gm::prgindic "
    (procedure "Gm::create" line 29)
    invoked from within
"Gm::create"
    (procedure "main" line 29)
    invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
    (file "/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs/etc/gm/gm.tcl" line 518)"