[GRASS-user] SQLite - Mac OS X

Dave Kent dkent at sasktel.net
Wed May 31 20:44:46 EDT 2006

Hi all:

I am trying to move to SQLite database from dbf using latest CVS (Mr.
Moretti binaries, 30 May 06)  on Mac 10.4.

I have not installed SQLite but am using the version embedded in
Tiger 10.4  Is this sufficient?

I have successfully imported a small .shp file and viewed it with
SQLite Database Browser.

db.connect works.

db.test returns all OK except for

	RESULT: OK
	select c1 from grass_test1 where d1 < 500 / 2 and i1 <> 2  and c1 ~
'bc'
	-SQLite driver error:
	Error in sqlite3_prepare():select c1 from grass_test1 where d1 <
500 / 2 and i1 <> 2  and c1 ~ 'bc'

	near "~": syntax error

	EXECUTE: ******** ERROR ********
	0a1
	> abcd
	RESULT: ******** ERROR ********
	insert into grass_test1 values ( 3, 0.0, '_''_' )
	EXECUTE: OK

I have a problem importing a points file with v.in.ascii.  The import
works well with dbf driver.  When I change to SQLite driver (no other
changes) I get the following error:

	Length of column 3 (-1) is less than maximum value length (9)

I have specified column 3 as 'name1 varchar(30)'  Is there a
different syntax to specify character string variables in SQLite?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave