[GRASS-user] grass and postresql drivers for remote db

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Nov 4 23:11:05 EST 2006

G. Allegri wrote:

> I need to use a remote Postgresql connection with Grass. When compiling it I
> have to set the "--with-postgres" option during configuration but is it
> required to have postgresql installed to enable it? I know that the postgres
> libraries are needed, is it enough to download them?

To compile GRASS with PostgreSQL support, you need to have the
PostgreSQL libraries and headers installed on the build system. You
don't need to install the server.

If your distribution has a package named something like "libpq" or
"posgresql-client", you need that, and also the corresponding -devel
package if there is one.