[GRASS-user] Springer Encyclopedia of GIS, GRASS entry

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Wed Nov 8 07:11:10 EST 2006

Dear colleagues,

I think we should not take this to lightly.
It is of * great * importance to place open source GIS and
geodata infrastructures in this book, as this looks like it could
evolve into a widely circulated reference.

I believe that the chapter on "Organizational, Professional, Social,
Legal Aspects of GIS" would be the suitable place for an OS GIS chapter.
In addition, there is already a chapter called "Control of Information -
dissemination of GIS information" and this should be subsituted with
some background on open geodata (if that has not already been done).

However, most of the GRASS developers and users can only contribute
such things in their spare time and I would guess that I will be
hard to find someone to write up a whole chapter 'til December.
I would be willing to add a few paragraphs and some pretty figures
on archaeological GRASS applications.

Mark, Michael -- maybe we could cooperate on this?

Best,

Benjamin

--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.