[GRASS-user] Springer Encyclopedia of GIS, GRASS entry

Andreas Neumann neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 9 04:25:16 EST 2006

Hi all,

I am currently in discussion with Springer if enhancing a Wiki entry and
publishing it both to Wikipedia and Springer would work.

The postgis people proposed something similar.

Here is an example entry from Springer:
http://www.carto.net/neumann/temp/VoronoiEntry.pdf just to show you how
it may look like and that it will be doable until mid of december. It is
8 to at maximum 12 pages, incl. figures and references.

I would need one volunteer as a contact person. Who should I propose? It
is ok, if there are multiple authors.

Andreas

Michael Barton wrote:

>I don't know if I have time to do this alone, but a doctoral student in my
>lab (who has already taught a course on GRASS) is interested in
>contributing. He is Isaac Ullah and I'm copying  him so that all have each
>others' emails.
>
>Michael
>Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
>School of Human Evolution & Social Change
>Center for Social Dynamics and Complexity
>Arizona State University
>
>phone: 480-965-6213
>fax: 480-965-7671
>www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/