[GRASS-user] blank screen on displaying a raster

Gerry James gjames at bgcengineering.ca
Sun Nov 19 14:51:36 EST 2006

Javier,

I find it is helpful, when setting up the location, to leave the region extents out.  Once you have imported the raster image using r.in.gdal, set the region by g.region rast=xxx.blue.  This will ensure the bounds and pixel res are the same as the raster data set.   You should also be able to view the raster now.

Hope this helps.

Gerry James
Vancouver, BC