[GRASS-user] why does grass want to generate an ssh key?

JerryNelson gnelson at uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 25 18:05:03 EST 2006

I'm trying to use grass6.3. When I launch it, I'm told it appears I haven't
set up my ssh keys. I answer the questions with the location it offers
(location of id_rsa), no passphrase. Then bash reports it can't access a
different directory looking for the file authorized_keys.  When I type gis.m
at the prompt, the gui appears for a split second, and then disappears. The
terminal reports an error in the startup script. Can't read parts(w), no
such variable.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Jerry