[GRASS-user] grass 6.2 won't open gui on macOSX

chris kahler kahlerama at mac.com
Mon Nov 27 18:57:50 EST 2006

Hi,
I notice windows users have listed a few problems like mine.
I'm running OS 10.4 and have installed all
the
latest frameworks I could find.
The error I get is:
                                                                                Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <newlocation>

GRASS 6.2.0 > Error in startup script: can't read "parts(n)": no such variable
    while executing

"MapCanvas::zoom_new $mon $parts(n)
$parts(s) $parts(e)  $parts(w) $parts(nsres) $parts(ewres)"

    (procedure "MapCanvas::zoom_gregion" line 11)

    invoked from within

"MapCanvas::zoom_gregion $mon"

    (procedure "MapCanvas::create" line 40)

    invoked from within

"MapCanvas::create"

    (procedure "Gm::startmon" line 11)

    invoked from within
"Gm::startmon"
    (procedure "Gm::create" line 69)

    invoked from within
"Gm::create"
    (procedure "main" line 30)
    invoked from within

"main $argc $argv"

    (file "/Applications/grass6_2/GRASS.app/Contents/Resources/etc/gm/gm.tcl" line 521)

I tried re-installing GRASS as well as making a new location.
 This helped some windows users sort out
their errors but I'm still getting the error.
Regards,
Chris Kahler