[GRASS-user] First project with FOSS GIS

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 06:21:39 EDT 2006

Hello,

I would just like to express my gratitude to the FOSS GIS community as
I have  partially completed a simple GIS project with 98% using FOSS
GIS (mostly GRASS & QGIS). The other 2% I have used a little of AV32
(I never realized a number of people are still using it [1]). AV was
used not because GRASS/QGIS cannot do things I need but simply because
I was used to doing some things with it (forced by habit?).

Most of the processing was with GRASS, layout and carto display with
QGIS.  The data was distributed in a CD which I included QGIS (on
windows) and the project file for browsing.  QGIS runs on a CD.  The
user just needs to locate the data folder on the initial opening of
the project file.

Thanks again!

I hope to distribute my next project with a live-cd.

Maning

[1] http://www.spatiallyadjusted.com/2006/10/02/do-you-still-use-arcview-3x/

--
| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |