[GRASS-user] Large vector files

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Fri Oct 6 07:22:39 EDT 2006

Michael and Jonathan,

I would _highly_recommend trying r.in.xyz if you have not already done so.
Especially with LIDAR and other forms of remotely-sensed data. I've had good
success with it. Note there is also a parameter in r.n.xyz to control how
much of the input map to keep in memory, allowing you to run the data import
in multiple passes.

Is it imperative that your data be imported as vector?

~ ERIC.