[GRASS-user] Re: [Qgis-user] Basic GIS course ideas

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at gmx.de
Sun Oct 8 18:22:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

Hamish schrieb:
>>> The GRASS wiki site is a perfect place for this development.
>>>  (can it serve PDF, presentation attachments?)
>> no, currently it doesn't support uploads, documents (pdf, images, ...)
>> have to be stored somewhere else.
>

> create a quasi-liberal access area in gforce GRASS svn? or better,
> create a new project on gforge for "open_gis_edu" or similar.
>   http://wald.intevation.org/projects/grass/

Thats a great idea.
Can we use this place to put video tutorials online?
I just created a very simple gui feature demo with grass63
to encourage all users and dev's to create video tutorials.

http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/modules/screenshots/grass63feature_tour.html

It would be great to have many thematic video tutorials
to explain the basics and advanced features of grass.

Best regards
Soeren