[GRASS-user] v.in.ogr problems

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Oct 11 03:54:27 EDT 2006

Then Seb wrote again:

> Surprisingly if I call the function as:
>
> v.in.ogr dsn=/path/to/shapefile.shp output=coastline
> min_area=0.000001 location=newloc
>
> There are no problems.

Seb,

So the difference between the working and not-working commands is in
'dsn' syntax. This looks similar to the bug:

http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5176

(I have already sent a sample to Brad as he requested)

Is this the same thing? Did you have the segfault? Note that you will
not notice a segfault in GUI (this is really annoying), you have to
issue the suspicious command from GRASS terminal for the segfault to be
reported if it occurs.

Maciek