R: [GRASS-user] Profile and tangential curvatures in r.slope.aspect

Colin McClean cjm8 at york.ac.uk
Thu Oct 12 07:57:38 EDT 2006

As far as I remember this review such methods, but do a search on Ian S.
Evans too...

Skidmore A.K., 1989. /A comparison of techniques for calculating
gradient and aspect from gridded elevation data/. Int. Jour. Geograph.
Inf. Systems, v. 3, 323-334

Cheers
Colin

Hamish wrote:

>>>profile and tangential curvatures (pcurv and tcurv)are computed in
>>>r.slope.aspect?
>>>

>>from the man page of r.slope.aspect:
>>
>>REFERENCE
>>Horn, B. K. P. (1981). Hill Shading and the Reflectance Map,
>>Proceedings of the IEEE, 69(1):14-47.
>>

>This proably applies more to the RST modules, but you might also check
>appendix E.3 "Topograph analysis" of "Open Source GIS: A GRASS Approach"
>by Neteler & Mitasova.
>
>It cites Krocho 1973,1991 and Mitasova and Hofierka 1993.
>

>Hamish

Dr Colin McClean
Environment Department
University of York