[GRASS-user] i.group - subgroup

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:28:44 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I'm a fairly new user to grass and am trying to classify imagery using
unsupervised and supervised classification techniques, however I'm looking
for some clarification in grouping imagery using i.group.  My basic
understanding is that a group is a set of imagery i.e RGB, PAN, NIR ... what
then is the subgroup?

The data that I'm analyzing is digital orthophoto acquired using vexcel
ultracam and has the following spectral resolution:

PAN        390-690nm
BLUE      390-470nm
GREEN   420-580nm
RED        620-690nm
NIR         690-900nm

Any information would be much appreciated

Cheers

Toronto, Canada
"She knows there's no success like failure
And that failure's no success at all."
-Bob Dylan-