[GRASS-user] delete mapset bash

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Oct 20 07:47:42 EDT 2006

Michaël Rabotin wrote:

> in grass 6.0.1, I search the command to delete a mapset
> Currently I use in GRASS the rm -r /home/usr/.../mapset
> But It seems that GRASS don't like because when I restart GRASS I've got
> error message:
> ERROR: MAPSET mapset not found
> and GRASS can't start
>
> Is everybody has a solution?

There isn't a separate command; "rm -r" is the correct approach.

6.0.1 is rather old; the issue with the start-up has been fixed since.
It won't arise if you start GRASS in a new mapset before deleting the
old mapset directory.

You can get around the error by deleting the ~/.grassrc6 file. That
will cause the start-up to start from scratch, rather than using the
previous settings as a default.