[GRASS-user] compiling grass with mysql support

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 22 20:55:18 EDT 2006

Sebastian P. Luque wrote:

> I have successfully compiled a development version of GRASS under
> Debian in a AMD64 system.  However, I've failed to do it with MySQL
> support.  I'm using the mysql-client-5.0 and mysql-server-5.0
> packages, but I guess I need some of the development libraries for
> this.  Can somebody please point out which Debian MySQL packages
> should be installed for this?  After that, is it simply a matter of
> providing the --with-mysql configure option?  Thanks in advance.

Usually you will need some -dev packages installed, look to see what *.h
files are missing when you run:
  ./configure --with-mysql

and then find out what packages supplies that with apt-file, e.g. if
"mysql.h" is missing:

$ apt-file search mysql.h

libmysqlclient15-dev

also you can check with DebianGIS's "control" file for needed packages
(see the Build-depends: line)
 http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-grass/packages/grass/trunk/debian/control?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

and their "rules" file for ./configure switches, including directory
locations:
 http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-grass/packages/grass/trunk/debian/rules?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

--mysql-includes=/usr/include/mysql

for help: